Sunday 23 October 2011

The Friday Trek Spam Drinking Game

If you know me fairly well this post will not surprise you.

In fact the only thing that will surprise you is how long it took me to suggest one.

 But, as people keep telling me, I have only one year left - actually, only about 10 months now - to become a rock star and die in order to become a legend. Now those people are overlooking the fact that I am in no way musically inclined, and also that I am the most boring person on the planet. My idea of a good time is to watch and recap Star Trek episodes. This is not consistent with a rock star life style.

However, with this drinking game I will be able to achieve in one measly hour what would otherwise take years of hard living and hard drinking to attain. You guys can play along with me and together we can achieve complete liver failure!

 If you can think of any good rules that I have missed, let me know in the comments and I will edit the post!



The Friday Trek Spam Drinking Game!*



Take a Drink whenever:
  • People get flung about by someone attacking the ship
  • The transporter malfunctions
  • They arrive at a location and
    • it is deserted
    • a war is going on
    • the citizens have been brainwashed
  • The crew encounter robots and/or a computer
    • If Kirk defeats the computer with a logic bomb finish your drink
  • The crew encounter a omnipotent alien with god-like powers
  • An extra dies
    • If the extra is wearing a red shirt, finish your drink
  • The girl of the week starts to have feelings for Kirk
    • Take another drink if she has feelings for someone else
  • Kirk’s shirt gets damaged or if he is shirtless for any reason
  • Spock fails at understanding what logic is, i.e. behaves irrationally/illogically because he thinks it is the logical thing to do.
  • McCoy behaves unprofessionally or is really racist (speciest?) towards Spock.


Take a shot when
  • McCoy says, “He’s dead, Jim!”
  • McCoy says, "I'm a doctor, not a X"
  • Spock says, “Fascinating”
  • Scotty says, “She’s giving it all she’s got”
  • Scotty says, “She cannae take this much longer!”
  • Scotty says “Ye cannot break the laws of physics!”
  • Kirk says, “Explain!”
  • Chekov claims that Russia is responsible for something


Chug your drink when:
  • The plot is an excuse for a real-world issue to be explored
  • Real life sexism/racism/60s values makes for uncomfortable viewing.
  • The episode ends with everybody laughing at a bad joke/at Spock

 *If you do decide to play this, I refuse to take responsibility for your eventual death of alcohol poisoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment